Harzgerode: casting precision
TRIMET Aluminium SE produces high-quality aluminium die-casting components to meet the requirements of our customers from the motor industry and its suppliers, electrical and machine building industries. Apart from the production of conventional and heat-treated die-cast parts, we also produce weldable die-cast parts.
Moreover, our range of services includes the development and construction of new tools, mould design and construction, surface finishing and the mechanical processing of aluminium die cast parts and the assembly of finished assembly groups.
The upgrade in to one of Europe’s most modern aluminium die-cast plants is in full swing. This will generate the higher die-casting capacities required in the future.
The Harzgerode aluminium die-cast plant:
- 15 die-cast machines with a closing pressure of 1,100 t – 3,500 t
- 2 machines for gravity die casting
- 22 tie bars for mechanical processing
- 20 CNC-processing plants
- 4 heat treatment furnaces
- 12,000 t die-cast products
- around 530 employees and around 60 trainees
TRIMET in Harzgerode has a modern smelting and recycling plant to safeguard the full supply of the die-cast plant; it does not only ensure the material supply for the plant but also supplies our customers from the motor industry as per their specifications.
The Harzgerode smelting and recycling plant:
- 2 Rotary drum kilns with a capacity of 18 t each
- 2 Converters with a capacity of 20 – 25 t
- 2 Stack smelting furnaces with a smelting capacity of 1.5 t/h
- 1 Pig iron casting line with a casting capacity of 10 t/h