Essen Headquarters: a service-oriented production site
Our mission as a service provider is reflected in the products made to our customers’ specifications, the project-specific drafting of contracts as well as the supplementary services.
In our casthouse we produce high quality slabs and billets for extrusion, forging and rolling purposes as well as slabs for coating demands in approximately 90 different dimensions and 450 alloys including bright shining qualities and special qualities per customer request. Initial products for the fabrication of safety parts for the automotive industry play an important part. They are delivered after being checked on Europe's most sophisticated ultrasonic testing unit with zero-fault guarantee.
The Essen plant at a glance:
- 360 electrolysis cells in 3 potroom bays (PBPF-cells in end-to-end configuration)
- 12 melting/treating furnaces (6x30 t, 6x15 t), gas heated
- 12 casting furnaces (6x30 t, 6x15 t), induction heated
- 2 smelting/diecasting furnaces 2x50 t
- 1 Swarf furnace for the continuous and energy-efficient smelting of processing swarf.
- 9 vertical casters (30-150 t/24h)
- 1 HSG Remelting ingot casting plant (6 t/h)
- 2 continuous homogenizing facilities for billets (250 t/24h)
- 8 homogenizing chambers / 3 cooling chambers (200 t/24h)
- 1 fully automated ultrasonic testing unit for Extrusion billets (200 t/24h)
- various cutting, re-working and packaging equipment
- Annual output of 170,000 t primary aluminum
- Annual output of 245,000 t casted products
- Recycling of 75,000 t of aluminium scrap/year
- Company-owned research caster to develop new alloys and optimise casting processes
- 660 employees, incl. 36 trainees