TRIMET’s successful participation in the “Ökoprofit” project resulted in awards for a committed environmental protection in the years 2002/2003 and 2005/2006.
With the help of projects and process optimisations we have been able to achieve savings of about € 1.4 million /year in these years alone. Mainly, these were energy-saving measures and the reduction of waste volumes and water consumption.
ÖKOPROFIT is run as a cooperation between the communes and industry and does not take place on a regular basis. The name literally means giving profit to the environment. The concept was developed in Graz and was first put into operation in Germany as part of the Munich Agenda 21.
ÖKOPROFIT is a cooperation project between local authorities and business and takes places at irregular intervals. The name reflects the concept: ÖKOPROFIT contributes to protect the environment and to cut the costs for the companies. The concept was developed in Graz and implemented in Germany for the first time as part of the Munich Agenda 21.
"Arbeit Plus" Award
For our special commitment, we were awarded with the "Arbeit plus" prize in the years 1999, 2001 and 2005 – the German "Oscar" for commitment in social matters.
"Arbeit plus" is an initiative of the protestant church in Germany in cooperation with the Institut für Wirtschafts- und Sozialethik, IWS (Institute for Ethics in Business and Social Matters).
TRIMET Aluminium SE has received awards for excellence in the following areas:
- Employment trend compared to the industry
- Training and subsequent employment of apprentices
- Hiring of older employees
- Hiring of long-term unemployed
- Hiring of handicapped people
- Handling of employment risks
- Integration, mainly education and training
- Health protection and promotion
- Use of quality assurance systems
- Measures to promote women
- Cross-company cooperations and Corporate Citizenship
- Corporate co-determination
- Culture of leadership and conflict management
- Material bonuses for employees
- and many others.
These awards confirm that we are on the right path; they are our incentive to continue with the same commitment!